P45-Glacier Trail – the highest marathon of the Alps
- Race day: 5th of August 2023
- Start time*: 05:00 hrs
- 44 km in the Pitztal mountains
- Participation in a Qualifier Race to the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®, 2 ITRA points/ mountain level 9
- This alpine trail marathon is aimed at runners who would eventually like to break away from road running. The first course section starts with a picture-perfect peak (Mittagskogel 3,100 m) and then leads over the glacier to the Braunschweiger mountain hut. The second section of the course is something for ‘panorama’ fans with endless glacier views. The spectators can also see the trail runner in the start-finish straight (3x) and he or she can be cheered on at Sunna Alm on Rifflsee.
- 44 km with ca. 2.800 elevation gain (start & finish in Mandarfen)
- The actual kilometers and high meters are variing depending on the measurement method between +/- 5 %.
- Individual trail running marathon competition for men and women
- Target group: trained runners with marathon experience, ambitious runners that have finished half-marathons, mountain runners, long distance triathletes, ultra beginners
- Course map and elevation profile P45 Glacier (PDF)
- Cut-Off-Timings P45G (PDF)
- Compulsory Equipment Check List P45 Glacier (PDF)
- Course map incl. GPX Track P45 – Glacier
- Course map with 3D-flight P45 Glacier
- GPX Track for Garmin User
Preparing obligatory equipment and determining cut-off-times are compulsory for every participant for safety reasons.
Short-term route changes are possible due to weather conditions.
*All data without guarantee!