P45-Glacier Trail – the highest marathon of the Alps
- Race day: 8th of August 2020
- Preliminary take-off time: 5 am
- 44 km in the Pitztal mountains
- 2 qualifying points for the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®
- This alpine trail marathon is aimed at runners who would eventually like to break away from road running. The first course section starts with a picture-perfect peak (Mittagskogel 3,100 m) and then leads over the glacier to the Braunschweiger mountain hut. The second section of the course is something for ‘panorama’ fans with endless glacier views. The spectators can also see the trail runner in the start-finish straight (3x) and he or she can be cheered on at Sunna Alm on Rifflsee.
- 44 km with ca. 2.800 elevation gain (start & finish in Mandarfen)
- The actual kilometers and high meters are variing depending on the measurement method between +/- 5 %.
- Individual trail running marathon competition for men and women
- Target group: trained runners with marathon experience, ambitious runners that have finished half-marathons, mountain runners, long distance triathletes, ultra beginners
- Course map and elevation profile P45 Glacier (PDF)
- Course map incl. GPX Track P45 – Glacier
- GPX Track for Garmin User
- Cut-off-timings P45 Glacier (PDF)
- Compulsory equipement list P45 Glacier (PDF)
- Preparing obligatory equipment and determining cut-off-times are compulsory for every participant for safety reasons.
Short-term route changes including adjustments of the UTMB points are possible due to weather conditions.